Motiva First Responder Grant Program
The Motiva First Responder Grant Program has been developed to assist emergency response organizations in communities that host Motiva facilities. The program is awarding grants of up to $10,000 for safety equipment, professional training, or safety education programs to organizations invited to apply, including fire departments, police departments, and emergency management organizations.
If you think your organization qualifies for this grant, please contact us for consideration. Applications are accepted August 1 through October 31, 2021. Recipients can expect a funding decision approximately six weeks after the application deadline.
- IRS 501(c)(3) designation or U.S. governmental subdivision (e.g., school or state hospital)
- Not-for-profit organization
- Incorporated city, town, or municipality
- First responder organization
- A community that hosts a Motiva facility
- Firearms and supplies, bulletproof vests, tasers, road signs, K-9, body cameras, recording devices, drones, and crowd control equipment
- Individual sports or recreational events and/ or tournaments
- Facility operating costs
- Trips or tours for individuals or groups
- Advocacy and lobby initiatives
- Service or fraternal clubs
Note: If your grant application is selected, you will be required to sign a release that will allow Motiva to use information about the grant award in company promotional materials.
- Complete the Motiva grant application.
- Provide a written estimate, quote or other supporting documentation.
- Share a W-9 for your organization that includes the employer identification number (EIN).
- Complete a signed media permission form (provided).
- Organizations receiving funding are required to provide a final report summarizing how the grant helped increase community safety. This report is required for any future funding.
- Status as a U.S. 501(c)(3) organization, such as a volunteer fire department, or municipal public safety organization engaged in emergency response activities
- Direct impact or benefit to communities in the United States where Motiva has assets
Requests Should Demonstrate
- A lasting, measurable impact to the community and/or requesting organization
- Direct benefit to the safety or preparedness of first responders and the surrounding community
- Priority will be given to grants that help to ensure first responders are properly equipped and trained
- Other funding received for purchase or plans for training with requested equipment, if applicable