|The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the daily lives of people around the world. We are grateful for our dedicated workforce and those on the frontlines of this pandemic response: first responders, healthcare professionals, public officials, grocery store personnel, and beyond. During this unprecedented time, we continue to tackle each obstacle with one core value in mind: doing the right thing for our people and communities.|
We are a “people first” company and nothing will change that. Our employees, contractors, and business partners are fundamental to our ability to meet the global energy demand while continuing to operate safely and reliably. We are grateful for their relentless dedication to delivering excellence.
Under the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and public officials, we continue to be proactive in helping our people and their families stay safe and healthy. Our precautionary measures include:
- Requiring all office-based employees and site personnel who can perform their job remotely to work from home
- Prohibiting work-related travel and requiring reporting of personal travel to widespread transmission areas
- Prohibiting non-business critical visitors to our sites
- Encouraging social distancing and good hygiene best practices
- Providing additional access to sanitizing products to all workers
- Screening health status upon entry to operating sites and distribution facilities
- Requiring all symptomatic employees to stay home
- Updating medical benefits to cover the full cost of COVID-19 testing and virtual physical or behavioral health visits
- Establishing anonymous reporting for unsafe practices or violations of protocol during this period
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted employers to adjust their ways of working and do their part to limit the spread of COVID-19 within communities. While we’ve made several changes to our work arrangements and procedures, one thing that remains unchanged is our steadfast commitment to producing energy responsibly. As a company deemed ‘critical infrastructure,’ we are working to meet the demand for products essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic through safe and reliable operations. We are producing and distributing gasoline, diesel, marine fuels, and other products that support domestic supply chains and enable those on the frontlines of the pandemic response to help people in need. In addition, our polymer grade propylene is a chemical building block used to manufacture food packaging, medical devices and supplies.
We recognize it’s a privilege to conduct business in our communities and we will continue to operate safely, thoughtfully manage risk, and deliver excellence for our people and communities.